Monday, May 21, 2007

Of the A-B-C's of a Procrastinator and Blogging

Like any usual Sundays, I was in this holiday/weirdly-worrying-for-no-apparent-reason mood. It has been this way for as long as I can remember. Fridays are the best; then Saturday will be the day where the line "Ahh.. It's only Saturday so I still have tonight to start with my work (which for some reason never happens)"; Then it's "Ahh.. I'll just sleep and do my work tomorrow for it's only Sunday". And when Sunday rolls in, you'll just keep pushing it away until it's FINALLY Sunday night! THEN only you'll start panicking and all that mindfucks you get on Sunday's but STILL end up managing to live through it and only start the work on the ghostly hours of Monday.

Dad is always saying that THAT is what's leading to my failure. Spoken like a true Papa.

Anyways, I was talking to a friend recently about this whole blogging frenzy and the whole weeks conversation had consisted of nothing which doesn't involve the "B" word which also includes of hearing them contemplating about what to blog on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I find it annoying when people do that, it's just that it's funny to see why do some take blogging as a serious daily affair; like the bible to a staunch one. Yes, although I do admit that I am one of those who would ponder for hours on the grammar part alone of a piece of writing; where a semi-colon or a comma will take me hours to decide just to make sure that it will set the whole piece in the perfect ambiance, to the point of annoying the crap out of others. It's just that this whole blogging scene has somehow given people the idea of wanting to sell their philosophies through their writing, more than the purpose of sharing thoughts through conversation-triggering pieces.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons why sometimes I would rather much prefer to keep quiet and just listen to what is been said than to be the one talking all the time. Contrary to the sayings such as, "speak up and be heard"; "speak up or you will never be heard"; or "the bird which chirps gets the worm".. well actually I kinda made up the last one out of excessive brain juice flows. Anyways, what I meant was I prefer to only speak up when I want to be heard. Maybe it's all those years of Dad's nagging about me talking too much and all those "In order to be a good speaker, you must first be a good listener". I guess it really did get to me in a way. Or perhaps it's the lack of people to click with which kinda makes me not wanting to talk much.

I hope it's not like what a friend of mine said, "Maybe it's that we're getting older..."

Disclaimer: The quotation above has been edited so that it appears simpatico with the whole idea.

P/s: The whole writing was done at 3am so please pardon the illogical flow.

0 comments: