Monday, May 21, 2007

A good pair of chucks and a friend


I just got off the phone with my friend after a three hours conversation which started from 3am. I miss talking to her. I miss having her around. I miss her retardness. I miss making fun of her. I miss those days we spent in Cameron Highlands and the meal of healthy steamboat with the rest of our friends.

I can't believe how much I miss having my high school friends around. We've all gone down our own paths but still there's always something unmistakably familiar about each one of us everytime we talk again. It's like this pair of shoes which you just can't seem to throw away no matter how old and torn it is. There's always a funny kind of comfort in those pair of shoes.

Sometimes friends are really like shoes. They all look pretty on the outside when it's all still brand new and unworn. It takes a little while from wearing them then only you can tell the ones which hurts from the ones which are comfortable. And you'll be surprised how far you can go with the comfy ones. Another similarity between friends and shoes is that it's not everyday where you come across a perfect fitted one.

0 comments: