Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dad, why are the people black?


As usual, I was going on on my daily dosage of blog-reading and a friend of mine who just started Blogger recently had to "migrate" over to Xanga since his account was totally screwed up. So I was going through his new blog as I was expecting some new posts in there; turns out that he just copied and pasted the existing ones from Blogger.

Anyways, since there was nothing better to do and I WAS already in his page, I just went and explored around everything which could be.. explored. As I was going through his profile, he actually had "Cambodia" under the column of "places travelled". It was kinda surprising actually because this friend gave me the impression of the "high-maintainence-traveller" air around him, especially after we had a conversation once about me wanting to travel to Thailand and Mexico and those kind of low-budget/back packing trips where there's a lot of walking to be done. And he mentioned that he didn't like countries like that.

So being the usual skeptical-self, I turned around and asked him about it and this was how it went:

Me: Hey! I didn't know that you've been to Cambodia!

He: Yalar! I was really young back then. (THAT explains a lot)

Me: Cool! So how was it there? (Really enthusiastic coz I've always loved countries like these)

He: Erm.. I can't really remember actually. All I remembered was that the cows were white and the people were black.

Me: 0.o"

And then the next 15 minutes consisted of me laughing and snorting and laughing somemore.

He: Geez.. What's so funny about it?!! I was still young lar at that time! All I could remember was that the cows were really white and the people were all black.. I could't understand why lar at that age!

Unfortunately, his little defensive speech only made me appreciate of how priceless this friend was. I shall now walk away from the conversation and continue with my snort laughters till I die from over-twisted-guts-and-intestines syndrome. Have a nice day!

0 comments: