Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tie up those shoelaces and keep walking.


Life is like a good movie; where the plots are always filled with unexpected twists and turns. Sometimes they turn out fine, at times it stretches you to the point of breaking down. I experienced that yesterday.

I haven't experienced that kind of rage for such a long time already. It scared me. Yes, sometimes I do scare myself as well. I consider myself quite a sensible and tolerant person, but i guess it was the thought of unfinished business which kept me awake at night. Shit happens, but we move on.

Called dad after i threw my phone away after the heated argument. Never have I felt so much of both dissapointment and anger at the same time. As usual, there wasn't much advice or consoling words; just lots of sensible talk. That's dad.

He's not the type to feed you with soft spoken words. But that's good in a way. He's the one who's always there to tell me to hold my head up high no matter what happens. Never to show my weakness to the enemies. Let them guess what's your next move. Never be predictable. Because the moment you let it show, that's when you've lost the battle.

It isn't about who wins. It's about protecting yourself. Whichever road it is that you've chosen, never look back. Just stick to it. You always have to stay strong to the saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me". It's not easy and it never will be; it's all just a matter of practise and getting yourself used to it till it can never hurt you anymore.

"...finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin in serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense..." -emerson-

0 comments: