Friday, December 07, 2007

Koffee with Karen

I'm beginning to dread the days as it draws closer. It is something which is supposed to be bringing everyone closer, but it's obvious how that had never happened before. I'm saying this based on the past. Never happens. Instead, everything that is predicted never fails to take place.

I can't type in proper. Maybe it's the music that's blasting into both my ears that's unable-ing me to give a coherent sentence. Still I can't bring myself to remove the earphones. Taking them off would mean hearing what's on tv instead. I'm not in the mood for that.

Most of last night was spent at the balcony. The light from the tv was illuminating the living room, giving it this eerily comforting glow. Just then my eyes caught sight of the messily stacked books on the wooden coffee table. It reminded me of those days where we would go together to warehouse sales and score rows after rows of cheaply priced books. You hated it when I complained after the first few minutes of dusty paperbacks, but then give me that sympathetic and yet slightly amused look when you see my nose turning beet-red from all that sneezing. That still didn't stop me from rummaging through all those boxes of Sweet Valley Senior Year to complete my collection. What can I say? I was only 15 back then so it was hardly juvenille. =/

I've wondered off so deep into the nostalgic days that I couldn't remember what was I supposed to write. Another day then.

1 comments:

james tan said...

isn't spongebob on tv? hahahahha take of ur earphones and hear his demonic laugh!!